Wednesday, July 18, 2007

CHANT RESIGNS AS ECD OF DRAFT FCB NEW YORK


Just over a year after getting the gig, Aussie expat Rodd Chant has resigned as executive creative director of Draft FCB New York.
His departure would not come as much of a surprise - since his appointment as ECD of FCB mid last year, he had to survive the merger with Draft early this year, which was never going to be easy.
Says Chant from New York: "I gave notice at the beginning of the month, I finish up at the end of July. I want to get back to a smaller creative situation. It was a great experience being at the creative helm of a 1,500 man New York agency, I learnt a lot about how things work over here...but it simply isn't where I want to be in my career. I've been thinking about moving ever since the merger happened. I originally joined FCB, it's a different agency now. I want to work in a small creative operation. I am staying here in the States, I love it over here."
Before going to New York, Chant had been on the loose for six months after leaving the CD gig at Publicis Singapore, where he had also been for little over a year. Earlier in his career, he was a senior writer at McCann-Erickson Sydney in the mid nineties, before heading to Asia.
Below are two recent spots created by Chant for American Standard airconditioners.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with it all, rodd!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The washing the car ad is great

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home